CRISP took the #1 spot of Thrillist's Definitive Best Chicken Wings in Chicago, as picked by 10 local food writers. The judges were:
- Carly Boers, Chicago Magazine
- Steve Dolinsky, ABC 7, The Chicago Tribune
- Sarah Freeman, Zagat
- Mike Gerbert, Skyfullofbacon.com
- Daniel Gerzina, Eater Chicago
- Darryl Holliday, DNAinfo Chicago, Illustrated Press
- Matt Kirouac, Plate Magazine, Check, Please!
- Robyn Nisi, Gapers Block Drive-Thru
- Mike Sula, Chicago Reader
- Phil Vettel, Chicago Tribune
"The winner and still the heavyweight wing champion of Chicago, Crisp's non-traditional approach to Korean chicken results in the perfect skin texture and flavor. And with their equally popular BBQ-style in hot pepper paste and ginger soy garlic Seoul Sassy wings, they could arguably lay claim to both the top two spots on this list."
The judges say:
-- "There's something so richly satisfying about the sticky, spicy, and sweet Seoul Sassy wings at Crisp. Although Buffalo gets most of the attention in the wing world, my heart belongs to these soy-splashed Korean morsels." - Matt Kirouac-- "I’d eat Seoul Sassy sauce on my cereal, so this is a no-brainer." - Carly Boers
Thank you, judges and Thrillist!